I loved learning. School was the place of ecstasy - pleasure and danger. To be changed by ideas was pure pleasure. But to learn ideas that ran counter to values and beliefs learned at home was to place oneself at risk, to enter the danger zone. Home was the place where I was forced to conform to someone else's image of who and what I should be. School was the place where I could forget the self, and through ideas, reinvent myself. (Bell, 1994, p.3)

Hooks, Bell . (1994). Teaching to Trnsgress : Education as the Practice of Freedom. New York : Routledge Falmer)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Membaca "The Present Takers", Sebuah Novel Tentang Bullying

Memahami Pembelajaran Terintegrasi (Bagian 1) : Definisi & Manfaat Pembelajaran Terintegrasi

Standar Konten dan Standar Proses (NCTM, 2000)